How Can I Avoid Water Damage?
Despite where your building is located, your building could receive significant water damage. Your business can receive water damages through basement flooding, sewer backups and heavy rainfall. Paul Davis understands the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family. When you reach out to our water damage technicians, they can reduce the amount of damage your building will sustain. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert can address, asses and repair the damage, no matter the amount of water damage.
How Houses Sustain Water Damage
We all have an appliance we rely on. But a malfunctioning appliance can often cause more harm than good. Any home appliance that uses water could cause major issues by flooding. If you have an unexpected leak on your hands, don’t worry. Any water damage issues can be repaired by the experienced water repair technicians from Paul Davis. Here’s a few causes of water damage:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Overflowing sinks, bathtubs or toilets
- Sewage and septic tank lines that have backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
- Heavy rain or storms
- Streams or rivers that have crested
You Can Avoid Water Damage
What’s the best way to avoid water damamge repairs? Avoiding water damage altogether. That’s why productive prevention is key to avoiding expensive repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Here are a few tips on how you can prevent water damage:
- If you find any leaks, examine them closely and patch them up as soon as possible.
- Refrain from pouring grease down your kitchen sink, because it cause significant damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Check that your water pressure isn’t too high, so it isn’t putting undesirable pressure on your hoses or pipes.
- Know how to turn off your water main in case of an emergency. As soon as a pipe leaks or bursts, turn off your water main to prevent irreversible damage.
- Check your water bill for any unexpected spikes in your usage. You could have a leak on your hands.
- To avoid damage to your siding or foundation, cleanout your gutters regularly.
When it comes to preventing water damage, it’s important to use your common sense. Regularly check your home and appliances. If you suspect that you may have a leak or other issue on your hands, don’t wait. If it’s only a small leak, then address it yourself immediately. But if it’s bigger pipe burst, call the highly trained professionals from Paul Davis.
How We Can Help You
When the worst happens, don’t wait. Paul Davis franchises all offer 24/7 emergency services. This allows them to repair any water damages as soon as they can. We offer a wide array of water remediation services, including the following:
- Assessing water damage
- Water extraction
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring possessions
- Remediating mold and mildew damage
- Locating and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Assisting with filling insurance claims
Call Paul Davis Today
Your home can sustain serious damages from a burst or leaking pipe. Call Paul! at 888-473-7769 if you’re in need of water damage mitigation services. Our professionals will connect you with an expert in your area. We have 50 years of water repairs under our belt– you can rely on Paul Davis to take care of any water emergency you throw our way.